Saturday 28 November 2015

Solar Disco for the Garden ....Review

SuperLED 60 LED Garden Fairy Light String
Date: 20/07/11, updated on 15/03/12 (28 review reads)
Rating: 

Advantages: No running costs , a great visual decoration for night
Disadvantages: none
As anyone who reads my reviews will be aware , I love my garden and buying new products for it that will not only add to its beauty , but also be environmentally friendly are my top considerations .I have in the past bought Solar lighting from money saving high street shops such as poundland they did the job for a while and were comfortable on my pocket .

My husband who is terminally ill , loves to sit in the garden during the day and often stares out of the window into our secret garden of a night , his eyesight is quite poor and he was complaining that he could no longer see the solar lighting .

Being in the care industry I am well aware of the benefits of light therapy for people who have vision problems and went on an internet search .

I finally found what I was looking for on amazon , not only solar lights but a coloured string of lights with multi effects . I decided to purchase 4 boxes ...sounds a lot but for my purpose I needed it to be really colourful . Each box of lights cost £ 12.99 plus £3.50 shipping and handling , luckily the store that was selling them via amazon had a special deal on where you get free delivery if you spend over £50.

The Lights

Early next morning DPD delivered the lights to my door and I set about exploring their set up.

Each box contained a 7.5 meter string of lights , a ground stake , a wall mount ( unfortunately without the screws ) and the solar panel .Each solar panel holds a AA rechargable battery and a full charge lasts up to 12 hours , they are Fully Automatic, charging during the day, switch on at dusk and off at dawn .there is a switch on the base of the solar panel with three positions off / constant / Multi functions

All of these items literally clicked together after drilling holes into the fence and attaching the wall mounts I was then able to get artistic , spreading the lights in arcs and arches across the fences , once that was done it was the simple matter of placing the solar panel which is at the end of the string onto the wall mount .

When using these lights you have two options , you can either have the lights static or use the multi effect which is much the same as a string of Christmas tree lights , Choosing the multi effect mode actually uses less of the energy than having them on static .

It wasn't particularly sunny the day that I set them up so i wasn't expecting much from the lights ...I was so surprised ! at dusk they switched on and the colours were flittering all over the fence , green ,yellow, red, blue and orange , it was like a Moths Disco .

My husband sat in the kitchen for the remainder of the night completely mesmerized by the fact that he could now see the lights with their multi effect working. I have also bought five more sets of lights and had them strung up in my fathers garden as he loves them too.

These lights have come on every night for the last four weeks despite the dismal British summer .We had three consecutive days of dark skies and downpours and still the lights were burning brightly.I am extremely impressed !!

I would recommend these lights to anyone that wants to brighten up their garden , or just give it that little bit of pazzazz , you could use these lights for all manner of occasions , BBQs garden parties etc . Worth every penny of their £12.99 with no running costs .These are a must have for anytime of the year .

I have now uploaded a video , it's a bit wobbly because I took it on my phone , but you can see what I mean about a Solar Disco :)
 
 
 
Summary: Solar lighting with a twinkle for your garden , cheap to buy ,no cost to run .A must have .

No comments:

Post a Comment